Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello Kitty Backpack By Rachel Golub (intern)

It was another hot sunny day at the Chimps Inc. sanctuary. All the chimps were enjoying the nice weather. Six of the chimps had access to the Big Habitat and the Playhouse. While some enjoyed the sunshine others wanted to escape the heat and stay indoors. I was in the chimp kitchen washing some dishes and cleaning up. Kimie was sitting in the playhouse watching me intensely as I scrubbed with the soapy sponge. I started to put things away when I noticed that Kimie was struggling with a pink Hello Kitty backpack. After trying for a few minutes, she finally got the backpack on. Although she only wore it for a short while after that, the sight of Kimie wearing her Hello Kitty backpack was enough to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment